Generous Funding Opportunities for Researchers who would like to pursue their careers in Turkey
TÜBİTAK has been organizing a series of events on European and National Funding Programmes for Researchers' Mobility and Career Development since 2010.
These events aim to create awareness of the funding opportunities in Turkey, both national funding opportunities offered by TÜBİTAK and European funding opportunities of the Horizon2020 Programme, specifically European Research Council Grants and Marie Curie Individual Fellowships. The target audience includes both young and established researchers, irrespective of their origins, who would like to move to Turkey, part time or full time, to carry out their research.
Turkey, ranking the 2nd country in Europe in attracting researchers from non-European countries with Reintegration Grants of the FP7 Marie Curie Actions, witnessed that most of the applicants of these grants are researchers who have recently returned to Turkey from US. In this regard, the conference series target researchers who are not informed about European opportunities and aim to increase their awareness on mobility towards Europe.
Why Turkey as a research destination?
- Turkey’s aspiration for R&D and continously increasing R&D expenditures
- Private sector is increasing its research expenditures
- Turkey is integrating to European Research Area as a member of EU Framework Programmes
- Through TÜBİTAK you can access many international funding opportunities
- Destination Turkey Initiative has been gaining more and more attention inside and outside Turkey
What have we done?
We organized 26 events during 2010-2017 in the USA, Canada and Europe and were able to reach 2,735 participants
Number of Participants in Destination Turkey events
Destination Turkey Events
As a result of these activities, 880 researchers were successfully reintegrated to Turkish Research Area within the scope of:
- MSCA and ERC 369 researchers
- TÜBİTAK BİDEB fellowsips 511 researchers and students.
How to get in contact?
TÜBİTAK designed ARBİS-Y as a tool to communicate with the researchers living abroad. By registering you will be able to:
- Interact with STI stakeholders in Turkey
- Get information on funding opportunities in Turkey
- Involve with the National STI Programs and Policies
- Involve in the scientific evaluation of projects
- Interact with thCientists all over world
To register please follow this link: https://arbis-y.tubitak.gov.tr